2014 Draught Quality Workshop at the Great American Beer Festival®
- Draught Quality – Jeff Bell & Todd Blondis, On Premise Quality Specialists, MillerCoors – Maximizing your draught beer sales and profits.
- Draught System Cleaning – Ben Geisthardt, Brewery Team Member, New Glarus Brewing Company – This presentation was built to equip you with the best practices in draught line cleaning. Leading industry professionals’ best practices and techniques are reviewed to maintain brewery fresh flavor at the point of dispense.
- Draught System Design – Jamie Jurado, Abita Brewing Company – System component choices, balance and design calculations and how to make sense of your draught beer system.
- Economics of Line Cleaning – Dr. Bart Watson, Chief Economist, Brewers Association – Overall draught beer trends and case studies illustrating how proper draught line cleaning and maintenance creates more sales and profits.
- Growlers – Charles Kyle, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company – Best practices for retailers, brewers and consumers, including growler filling methods, container types, safety issues, hygiene and post filling parctices.
- Managing Draught at Retail – David Lujan, BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse & Kevin Reed, Rock Bottom Restaurant and Breweries – Key elements of quality draught dispense and service for retailers.
- Sensory Analysis – Rob Gerrity, Sierra Nevada Brewing Company & Matt Meadows, New Belgium Brewing Company – Detecting, preventing and resolving off flavors in draught beer.
- Draught Components and Troubleshooting – Ernie Jiminez, MillerCoors & Ken Smith, Boston Beer – A look at the operation of draught components along with basic troubleshooting ideas.
- Understanding Dispense Gas – Neil Witte, Training and Technical Support Manager, Duvel USA, Boulevard Brewing Co., Brewery Ommegang – A top to bottom view of dispense gas, including the basics of carbonation, balancing carbonation in the keg, using blended gas and working with multiple carbonation levels.